VERY healthy chili with lots of fiber and very low in fat
1 T olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 to 1-1/2 lbs leftover turkey, cut into ½” chunks OR use ground turkey or ground chicken
21 oz diced tomatoes
1 14 oz can kidney beans, liquid included
1 14 oz can black beans, liquid included
1 T dried oregano
1 T dried basil
1-1/2 T chili powder
2 t cumin
dash cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft.
2) Add the turkey and cook just long enough so it’s warm.
3) Add the tomatoes, beans, oregano, basil, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, Stir.
4) Turn heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45-50 minutes.
5) Remove cover and let liquid reduce for 15-20 minutes.
6) If necessary, season to taste.
Serve with grated cheddar, sour cream and corn chips if you are feeling saucy. ;)