Thursday, October 16, 2008

Baked Egg Puffs (with butternut squash)


Baked Egg Puffs (with butternut squash)


2 eggs
4 egg whites
1/2 cup butternut squash puree (I just steam it and then mix it in the food processor)
2 T. grated cheese
2 T. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt


Preheat the oven to 400. Coat 4 (1/2 cup) ramekins with cooking spray and set on a baking sheet.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, squash puree, cheese, flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Divide the mixture among the ramekins and bake until the tops are puffed up and the eggs are no longer runny in the center when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

Mrs. Chaddie said...

Those look sooo yummy!

Joyful Mama said...

I'll have to give this one a try!
I tried to become a follower but, it wouldn't let me???? I'll have to try again later....