We made these last night and all liked them except Mckenzie. She said they didn't have much flavor but i didn't put the jalapenos in them because i didn't want them to be to hot for the kids. I liked them. They reminded me and dh of salmon patties. I wouldn't start with this if you are just becoming vegetarian but if your used to eating fake meat and stuff then i think you may like them. You can always add your own special touch to them too. :) We will be making them again soon.
* 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
* 6 saltine crackers, crushed
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. In a medium bowl, mash butter beans.
Mix in onion, jalapeño pepper, crushed crackers, egg, cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Divide into 4 equal parts, and shape into patties.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; use more or less oil to reach 1/4 inch in depth.